Friday, July 12, 2013

I guess I've put off posting for long enough. Here we go, get ready for some heart stopping... reading.

The 4th of July. I hope you had a wonderful one. Cause we certainly did!
We (everyone except Dad and Lane) went to Texas to see the family and to turtle race. Now let me tell you that I had no idea that turtle racing was so fun. I thought we would go, watch the turtles sit in their shells scared stiff and then go home. It was not to be. It was very fun! Our little tiny turtle Carl, got 4th (on the 4th of july!) and knocked out 12 turtles in the second round. Shelby didn't win any of her races and Phil just sat in his shell. But Carl was outstanding! I have a video posted on my facebook profile if you want to see a turtle race. He was the smallest turtle and as soon as he started to move, everyone went crazy. It was hilarious! Lots of fun.
I caught about 27 fish in Nana and Grandpa's pond and had a scrabble tournament with grandma. I lost the scrabble tourney. Did you know that Qat is a word? I didn't either. One of the many things you learn while at Grandmas house... And we watched fireworks. The little kids especially liked those, it was a pretty good show.

Football workouts started up this week and I am sore. Everywhere. But it is worth it, it's a good kind of sore. Most of the guys seem to be nice and the coach is great. Today I practiced kicking with Dad, I didn't do that great but I ended the day with a 45 yard field goal.

It's been a good week. Pray for Mom though, her RA is not doing well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur grandma cheats at scabble :)