Sunday, June 2, 2013

Vacation!

Where do I start?
First off, I want to apologize to my faithful viewers for not posting in so long. I went on vacation and I havent gotten to it. Thanks for reading!

We (all the boys in my family)... (and Grandma and Grandpa) went on a camping trip this past week. Dad was taking the week off to have some family time and maybe go to SDC but then we found out that we had friends from CO coming! Exciting! It was the sister's friends but it was great to see them again. They are very good friends. But, since they were coming the same week that Dad was taking a vacation we had to find a way to stay out of the way for the girls. Camping was the answer. Actually, fishing was the answer with camping just being an add on. We were going trout fishing in Norfork river with G-ma and G-pa.

Norfork has a great reputation for people catching fish and no mosquitos. It's a bunch of lies. Dad and I both caught one fish, Jes and Z didn't catch anything, Mayf and Josh both caught one fish in dry creek. And that is all over a period  of 3 DAYS. 3 days, one fish. BORING! Well, it was still fun trying to catch the fish but overall it was a bit of a dissapointment. Oh, and there are thousands of mosquitos, I am still scratching.

But despite the lack of fish there was still plenty of fun to go around. We had bb gun shooting contests and played a little airsoft. I built a fire and slept all 3 nights in a hammock. Ahhhh, that was nice! Rocking back and forth in the cool outside air... yeah. However, I was praying for a friend that went camping last week cause there were a lot of storms and tornados everywhere and I was thinking, They picked a bad week to go camping, but she said that there were only light storms with lots of lightning. The third night I was in the hammock it stormed a LOUD storm. And although I did not get wet because of my tarp shelter I couldn't sleep cause of all the noise. Oh, and right in the middle of it there was a pounding on my hammock that really freaked me out. It was a sudden, bam bam bam and a whining noise. Now if your outside by yourself and something starts hitting your hammock.... yeah, its a little nerve racking. lol. I survived the attack cause it was just our new little puppy that was scared of the rain. She bedded down under my tarp for the night after I calmed her down. And the day before that a snake swam between my legs. That was kinda scary too.

If I think of anything else I will be sure to post it.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lane said...

Lol
Sounds fun