Friday, June 7, 2013

VBS!!!

It is that time of year again. VBS, summer camps, swimming...
My church did VBS this last week and it was a blast!
The kids we had this year were sooo good and that made it a TON easier. When one doesn't behave, it makes life hard on the whole group. Usually there is more than one being bad in each group but this year I think there were only two hard kids... Total.
I was the games guy (As usual) but Bro. George set up the games and did most of the work, I just kept score or watched most of the time. But the thing I LOVED about VBS this year was how much time I had with the kids to interact. I got to help with the first and second grade crafts because games hadn't begun and there was a break in between each period where different groups of kids would get snacks. So I got to talk to em, or do "challenges" (as the kids called it) while we were waiting for Bro. George to take them to games.
All the helpers were great and there was an overall easiness about it that made it more enjoyable.
I love VBS

No comments: